What is Aluminet Shade Cloth?
Aluminet Shade Cloth is a metalized HDPE knitted screen that reflects unwanted sunlight and heat from your greenhouse, allowing it to function like a mirror during the summer months.
During the winter, these same properties help to retain valuable heat.
The shade is designed for internal use. You can install it as a permanent ceiling underneath your greenhouse roof, or you can install it as a moveable thermal screen.
What Are the Different Types of Aluminet Shade Cloth?
There are two types of Aluminet Shade Cloth, namely :
- Aluminet I
- Aluminet O
Based on the shade you need, Aluminet Shade Cloth is available in various shades beginning from 30% to 80%.
When Aluminet first appeared around two decades ago, only one type of fabric was available.
However, as the technology continually evolved, users decided that it would be better to improve the fabric to withstand high speeds, which resulted in the recent introduction of a knit pattern.
Initially, Aluminet was intended for outdoor use and was identified as Aluminet ‘O’ and ‘I’ for indoor use.
Even though Aluminet fabric still bears different marks for outdoor and indoor use, Aluminet ‘O’ is suitable for both. However, Aluminet’s knit pattern is more stretchy than the indoor variety.
Benefits of Installing Aluminet Shade Cloth
Several companies now offer a diverse range of thermal screens and shades you can use in your greenhouse.
Growers have a habit of managing growing conditions in greenhouses and nurseries to create a balanced environment for producing quality crops.
These screens are quite simple to install, elastic, light, and offer incredible UV protection. For this purpose, many service providers now provide high-end Aluminet, referred to as aluminum net.
These nets also aid in effective climate control.
It allows for reducing the temperature during the day and controls the microclimate in your nurseries and greenhouses. It also controls airflow, shading, uniform light diffusion, and protecting against pests and cold.
It protects the fruit and plants from damage caused by direct sunlight. Also, it significantly restricts overheating. Simply placing the screen helps diffuse the light that passes quickly through the nets and boosts the crops’ assimilation rate.
The following are some of the essential features and benefits of Aluminet Shade Clothing.
- Creating favorable conditions for plant development when compared to growth in open areas
- It reduces pesticide infestation.
- It results in a significant increase in your yields in comparison to open areas.
- Protects your crops against adverse weather conditions and ensures continual cultivation of produce throughout the year.
- It helps your crops develop and ripen faster than regular nettings and ensures the production of quality products.
- It works as a thermal blanket.
- It lowers the heat load in your greenhouse.
- It gives room for more diffused light in your crop canopy.
- It can help to save up to 25% – 45 percent of the water used for crop irrigation.
Where is Aluminet Shade Cloth Used? (Application area)
There are two types of aluminet shade cloth. These types are Aluminet I ( indoor) and Aluminet O ( outdoor). Both of them work perfectly for outdoor activities.
However, for indoor applications, use Aluminet I.
But between Aluminet I and Aluminet O, which could be your perfect choice.
Consider Using Aluminet I if You:
- Need tight sizes tolerances for all your application
- You do not appreciate a lot of stretchiness
- If you need a tape and brass grommet capped border around the tarp
- If you like the aesthetic look of the knit pattern
Aluminet O Could be Your Top Pick If You:
- If you appreciate a lot of stretchiness
Aluminet I Uses
Aluminet I shade clothing offers 70 to 75% shade percentage and is appropriate for various crops. You also get diffused light transmission of 45%.
It performs excellently indoors. You can spread it permanently as your ceiling underneath a greenhouse roof. Or you can install it as a portable thermal screen and use it in a wide variety of crops.
The net protects plants and fruits from irradiation damage, minimizes heat in greenhouses on hot days, and is a very excellent energy saver during winter.
The width ranges from 27.5 ft, but other widths are available upon your request.
For suspended installations and movable screens, drawstrings are available. Aluminet I is flexible, sturdy, and simple to install. In addition, it is UV-resistant and recyclable.
The shading percentage and diffused light transmission differ depending on where you need to use it. So, pick the one that suits your needs.
8 Steps on How to Install Aluminet Shade Cloth for Your Farm
A shade is an essential tool in maintaining the proper temperature inside your greenhouse. Before installing Aluminet shade clothing, proper planning is necessary.
You can decide to hire a professional or do it yourself. They are easy and quick to install, nonetheless, here are the basic steps for installing them.
- Step 1: You should startby removing a top middle on each corner of your base and replacing it with the eyebolt. Then, have a friend tie a knot from the aluminum
- Step 2: Measure the height of your eyeball’s vertical position in the corresponding locations on the base. Reference the diagram in the instructions to determine your whole spacing based on greenhouse size and usually include a drill bit to drill access holes where needed,
- Step 3: Disengage or bent openers – You have to bend the barbs to hold for the first time
- Step 4: Drape your Aluminate Shade cloth over the top of the greenhouse and center it on the roof.
- Step 5: Using the included paracord, tie a knot through the corner drumming. Thread the paracord from the eyeballs to each grommet if you like so.
- Step 6: Make a tight line knot at the opposite end and repeat these steps on the other side of your greenhouse.
- Step 7: Re-Engage your vent openings to create the room or adequate slack.
- Step 8: Recenter your shade accordingly by adjusting your top line accordingly.
When to Install the Aluminet Shade Cloth to Get the Timing Right?
As in most things in life, timing is everything. The best time to install an Aluminet Shade Cloth is slightly before the temperatures start to spike up. As a farmer, just ensure that you do it neither too early nor too late.
7 Tips for Aluminet Shade Clothing
Once you have decided to purchase an Aluminet Shade Cloth, you must familiarize yourself with a few tips:
- Research on the best type of Shade Cloth for your needs. Consider weights, and sizes and shop around for manufacturers of quality products.
- Before purchasing an Aluminet Shade Cloth, measure your garden or greenhouse adequately. This way, you will avoid any unnecessary wastage. Also, knowledge of measurements will make the purchase process easy.
- Always seek professional help when installing an Aluminet Shade Cloth. Not only will you avoid unnecessary mishaps due to unprofessional installation, but you also get the assurance your shade cloth will serve its intended purpose.
- Make sure you purchase your Aluminet Shade Cloth from a reputable and reliable manufacturing company like EyouAgro. Doing so will assure you of both quality and durability.
- Additionally, before installation, look for good anchor points for the shade cloth in your garden area or greenhouse. If there are no anchor points, you’ll have to install posts to hang your shade cloth.
- Whenever the shade cloth is not in use, store it in a clean and dry place to avoid damaging it.
- Stay organized – Stretch out the Shade cloth to full size. This will minimize tangles and will make the installation process manageable.
- Never rush the installation process. Be slow, but sure. Take all the steps you need to take without cutting corners. You’ll save yourself loads of stress.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or strong detergents to maintain your Aluminet shade cloth. This is to avoid damaging your Aluminet shade cloth.
- If you are not using your Aluminet shade cloth, ensure it is dry and store it in a dry condition.
- While Aluminet Shade Cloth will serve your purpose, don’t expect the fix to last forever. With time, Shade Cloth will degrade. For long-lasting results, you should be prepared for regular maintenance.
- Install your Aluminet Shade Cloth on very windy days
How to Buy Aluminet Shade Cloth?
When you go to buy Aluminet Shade Cloth, you consider the following. First, consider your area of coverage and your crop type. Other factors to put into considerations include:
- Weight: Check the weight listed in grams per square meter. It indicates durability.
- Thickness: The thickness is indicated in millimeters. The thicker shade cloth is Stronger.
- UV: Check whether your Aluminet Shade Cloth is UV stabilized. If your Shade Cloth is not UV resistant, it may degrade within a short time.
- Color: The Aluminet comes in silver color.
And lastly check whether your online seller, wholesaler, or distributor meet the following:
- The Aluminet Shade Cloth is made of eco-friendly polyethylene material
- The manufacturer has a long experience and expertise in making shade cloth.
- The Aluminet Shade Cloth is made from cutting edge technology and is of high quality
- Your manufacturers provide a warranty for their products. The EyouAgro Shade Cloth f comes with a 5 to 8-year warranty.
After considering the factors, the purchase of the Aluminet Shade Cloth entirely depends on your location. You can also order online from EyouAgro.
Local clients can visit the manufacturing site and make their purchases after the necessary negotiations with the manufacturers.
International clients can import the Aluminet Shade Cloth if they do not wish to travel to manufacturer destinations to get the Aluminet Shade Cloth themselves.
Successful agriculture farming does not happen by chance. So get an Aluminet shade cloth and enjoy all the benefits that come with it.