Vineyard Side Netting
Protect Grapes bearing Vines by placing them on the lateral sides of the vines.
The Best Choices for Covering Your Grape Orchard.
EyouAgro Vineyard Side Netting is a type of narrow width netting which is used to protect your Grape farms by keeping birds and insects away from them.
- Pure Polypropylene material: ECO-Friendly and Safe
- Made from durable (HDPE) to withstand extreme weather conditions for over 5 years.
- Lightweight yet heavy-duty netting.
- Long-Lasting: long life of up to 5~8 years.
To make sure you can find the information you want quickly,
we have prepared this content directory that will jump to the corresponding location when you click on it.
Bird & Pest Control Netting has the following wide range of applications , Inquiry us for more solution.
Find the rights Blueberry Netting below for your greenhouse; All of our products are provided with up to 5 years warranty.
Square Mesh 50 (SM50) is a basic type. It is lightweight and ideal for narrow width netting of Pest Protection
50g/m2 · 8.5×2.0mm
Square Mesh Plus 60 ( SMP60) is an innovative design prevents bees and other insects from pollinating the plants during their bloom period.
60g/m2 · 4.5×2.0mm
Triangle Mesh 60 ( TM60) is widely used in citrus growing fields like oranges, sweet limes, and other citrus fruits.
60g/m2 · 8.5×2.5/2mm
Triangle Mesh Plus 90 ( TMP 90) blacked bees and insects, help your citrus fruit grow seedless to produce more high-quality citrus fruits.
80g/m2 · 4.5×2.5/2mm
|Type No.||Mesh Size [mm]||Weight [g/m2]||Shading [%]||Size [m]||Colour||UV Warranty|
|Square Mesh 50 | SM50||8.5×2||50||20%||0.7x500m 0.9x500m||White/Green||3 Year|
|Square Mesh Plus 60 | SMP60||4.5×2||60||20%||0.7x500m 0.9x500m||White/Green||5 Year|
|Triangle Mesh 60 | TM60 *||8.5×2.5/2||60||25%||0.7x500m 0.9x500m||White/Black||5 Year|
|Triangle Mesh Plus 90 | TMP90||4.5×2.0/2||90||40%||0.7x500m 0.9x500m||White/Black||5 Year|
No matter if you are looking for a wholesale supplier or if you need a custom-made vineyard netting , we can all help.
Try this netting calculator to get an approximate purchase requirements and send an enquiry to me
Our Netting Calculator will give you a custom vineyard netting quantity based on the Length & Width & Row of your Vineyards project.
I like buying from Chinese company like yours.
Founded in 1996, EyouAgro uses Knitted and Woven technology to design, develop and manufacture Agriculture Protection Textiles.
EyouAgro offers clients a wide choice of standard and customized Polymer Netting for their farm or orchard needs.
Keeping the plants protected from adverse weather conditions！
EyouAgro has a significant Aluminet shade cloth manufacturing capability.
- Certified by ISO9001, REACH, Rohs, SGS certification.
- Automated Raschel production line, create over 10,000sqm per day.
- Manufacture directly, large scale production and Well trained workers.
Whether you need Aluminet Shade Cloth or need to custom any netting products.
EyouAgro always satisfies your needs.
If your question is not listed, please email us right now.
The Vineyard side Netting is used to protect the grapes vines from aerial pest control. These also prohibit the birds from flying up to the side of the vine and pecking on the grapes. It is the most effective method to increase the yield of the vineyard and it gives the best performance when compared with other methods. Another usage is that the netting does not hamper the spraying of pesticides as there is enough space between rows of the vine. It is also beneficial for removing lungs without meeting vines.
The simple answer is: Yes. It does work. It prevents the birds from reaching the grapes and thus, directly lowers the bird damage to the grapes.
This is especially the case if there is shade near the vineyard where the migratory birds can stay. It helps to change the pathway of the birds.
If the birds used to pass over the area and feed on the grapes, using side netting will stop the birds from doing so.
This might truly be the case if there are other types of farms nearby. It is effectively the best method in medium and low-pressure situations. The netting usually stays till the fall when the grapes can be harvested.
EyouAgro especially UV-treated netting makes the grapes more durable to fungus. This is done by blocking the UV rays from the sun. If the netting is not there, then the droppings of the birds – having many fungal, bacterial diseases- can harm the vineyard. A simple netting can protect the grapes from such diseases.
The best time to net the area of the grapes is a little while after the bunches have developed. This is during the time of last weeks of August. Some people net a little early which makes it slightly more manageable as time progresses. It usually depends on personal needs, but the grapes must be netted before they are noticeable. If the birds find them, they are not safe.
Birds decrease the yield of grapes by 10% by the lowest estimates and by the highest estimates to about 25%. This is nearly the revenue that is to be generated from the vineyard. The usage of low-cost, safe, and effective material of EyouAgro further enhances these benefits. It is highly necessary that netting is used to ward off the birds and other pests which might affect the yield.
The size of the mesh depends on your requirements. However, 40 mills are sufficient for large birds(lorikeets) but for small species of birds, a 20 mill should be fine. It depends on the location of the farm and the pathways of the birds nearby that area. It is imperative to say that a range between 20 mills and 40 mills is ideal.
It can be done both manually and by rolling it and stretching it with the help of a tractor. When done by hand, to ensure the most effective, two people pull the netting side to side of the vines from the top. Then the netting is pulled down and hooked in place.
The treatment against UV light is important for these nets as UV light damages the plastic very quickly. Such nets will only last a few weeks especially in areas exposed to the continuous heat of the sun. The most effective treatment of the nets includes when the yard is in the process of extrusion. Usually, a scientific analysis needs to be done before this process is completed.
process of extrusion. Usually, a scientific analysis needs to be done before this process is completed.
The nets are secured by placing small excess net on the ground near the vines. This will help in deterring birds from landing near the vines and then working their way into the vines. Nets can be fixed to the trellis to make them stand in one place and to stop secure the net from swaying too much under the effect of wind.
No. The choice of side netting depends on your needs. Permanent side netting is more suitable if you do not want to deal with continuous maintenance during the year but these are expensive. The non-permanent side netting is less expensive but requires more handling and upkeep.
The Smart Way To Protect Your Greenhouse from Adverse Weather.
Transparent Energy Saving Screen ( TES), is an innovative solution to increase light transmission and heat retention to save energy both day and night for your greenhouse.
EyouAgro have been the professional Transparent Energy Saving Screen manufacturer in China for more than 10 years.
It is manufactured with High-Strength and eco-friendly polyester yarn and PET film by knitted structure.
Blackout Shading Screen (BSS), also called Darkening Screens or light deprivation Screen, is made of aluminum foil and polyester material through a special process, with good shading effect, the shading effect can reach 99.9%.
Provides the dark environment needed by special plants such as gerbera, Hemp, and Cannabis. Shorten the duration of sunlight.
- Ideal for Connect net and fabrics on the wire on the top
- Made of injection mold with our own mould
- With UV resistance to atrocious weather for lasting durability
- High bite force to ensure safety of net
- Easy to install on netting selvage
- Warranty – 10 years
Vineyard Side Netting is the process in which a mesh or net is used to cover the rows of a farm or field to protect it against different threats but most specifically birds. It is highly effective and is arguably the best method for pest control. These pests include fungal and bacterial pests. It also has the added benefit of yield increase.
Table of Contents
What is Vineyard Side Netting?
Vineyard side netting is the process used to protect the grapevines from birds and it is a form of bird netting. The birds feed on the grapes when the grapes are starting to start to change color. Vineyard Netting is done by using a mesh wiring of different sizes, between 100 ml to 200 ml.
What are the different types of Vineyard Side Netting?
Different types of vineyard side netting are:
- Square Mesh 50 vineyard side netting
- Square Mesh Plus 60 vineyard side netting
- Triangle Mesh 60 vineyard side netting
- Triangle Mesh Plus 90 vineyard side Netting
The characteristics of each type of vineyard side netting are given below:
1. Square Mesh 50
- Lightweight, 50grm
- White, Black, Green in color.
- Water and heat resistance.
2. Square Mesh Plus 60
- Thick and heavy
- White and Black
- bee and wasp protection net for vine
3. Triangle Mesh 60
- Characteristic of bird , wasp protection net
- Protection 100%
- Eco-friendly PE material
- Weather，Water and acid proof
4. Triangle Mesh Plus 90
- Heavy-duty and Durable
- Higher Cost
- Smaller mesh size and Air flow
According to customer feedback,this Triangle Mesh 60 is the best popular, with the best balance of cost economy and durability of use
Benefits of Installing Vineyard Side Netting:
There are a number of benefits of adding vineyard netting. Some of these are as follows:
- Protection from Birds: Birds of different sizes hesitate to move over the grapevines cover with netting. This, effectively, means that the yield of the field is higher in the presence of the netting.
- Protection from Pests: Pests such as those of fungi and bacteria are less active in areas covered by UV stabilized netting. This inhibits their growth.
- Retention of Flavor: The stopping of birds pecking has the benefit of retaining the taste of wine or juice made from these grapes.
- Protection of Grape Yield: The netting when combined with plastic film protects the grapes from rotting due to mold.
- Protection from Diseases: The diseases from bird dropping can be reduced by the usage of netting. In the presence of netting, the birds will largely ignore the area causing a decrease in droppings.
- Ease of Spraying: The vines are easier to spray if the meshes cover them especially if the meshes are in the form of rows.
- Ease of Lug-removing: The lugs present in the vineyard can be easily removed if the meshes of the nets cover the grapes.
Techniques of Vineyard side Netting:
There are many decisions to be made when netting is to be done. These decisions involve doing netting in single rows and multiple rows.
Different techniques of netting cater to these decisions which are as follows:
- Side Netting: The type of netting which is most common in the regions of Oceania especially New Zealand and Australia. These are usually done one row only at a time. It involves covering the sides of the vines and leaving them bare from the top.
This requires most management as the birds can quickly find ways to feed on the grapes despite the netting. The nets used in these techniques are not as wide as the over-the-row netting and as such are easier to apply and remove. These can also be left in the field after harvesting in the fall.
It is now becoming more common in the USA. There are two further types of side netting which are as under:
- Permanent Side Netting:
Usually, nylon nets are used for permanent side netting as they are more durable and long-lasting. The costs are higher but the upkeep is very low and once placed, can be left for a longer period of time.
- Non-Permanent Side Netting:
HDPE and Polypropylene nets are used for this non-permanent side netting as they are most effective for lower and moderate burden situations. These can be removed to adjust the vines and do maintenance if needed. These cost less and need fixing from time to time.
Major Areas of Vineyard Side Netting Usage:
Vineyard netting is used all over the world in grape farms.
If the farm is located near a brewery or Winehouse, it can be used there as well.
The biggest producers of grapes are China, Italy, the USA, Canada, Australia, and Chile. These are the areas that make the most use of netting as the grapes are mostly produced in these regions.
In all these areas, the most effective type of netting depends on the location. The most effective type in the USA is Over the Row, whereas in Oceania, it is the side Netting.
Process of Installing Side Netting:
The steps for each type of netting differ from others. The steps for side netting are explained in detail below:
Step 1: The nets are stretched to the length of the row contrasted with the over the row where the rolled net is stretched and laid down.
Step 2: The nets are divided into two pieces to cover each side of the row and the width of the net is cut according to the row length.
Step 3: Two people then stretch each piece onto each side of the row, with one person moving from one side of the row and the other from the other side.
Step 4: The nets are fastened into the ground from end to end by the use of fastening bolts that go into the ground.
Step 5: The top of the row is exposed by stretching the nets to the height of the vine.
Step 6: The vines in the row are to be covered.
Step 7: The nets are then fastened in the earth with accessories.
Best time to apply Side Netting:
The most optimal time to net the vines is around August.
This is because around this time the grapes begin to ripe, and the bunches have developed.
It is also the time when the bunches start to gain their color and they become soft. This is also the time of mid-spring which essentially means that the insects are to be sprayed.
The netting especially row netting makes it easier for the tractors to spray in the vineyards. This netting should be continued till fall when the grapes are harvested.
Tips for Vineyard Side Netting:
1. Make sure to work in groups as the nettings can easily become entangled if used by one person.
2. Consider the type of birds that might visit your vineyard. If you get the wrong type of mesh, then it might end up doing more harm than good.
3. As the nets also help reducing wind speed, the nets should be fastened near the trunk of the grapes so that the vines do not move with fast winds.
4. Check for gaps between the supporting structure which might allow the birds to pass throw.
5. Bring consideration to the type of fittings, cables, and anchors to be needed. This depends on the location of the vineyard.
6. Stay organized when netting the vineyard. This means finding all corners and stretching it completely over the row or column to be netted. This will help to make the process easier and manageable.
7. Adjusted the meshes in such a way as to leave spaces between the rows. This is useful for moving between the vines.
8. Use proper industry-reliable accessories for fastening the nets to the trunks. This will help it hold in place.
9. Always start the netting from the larger side to have an idea of how much you will need.
1. Do not assume that every bird will behave the same way. If your vineyard is visited by different birds, you will need to adjust your netting according to that. This includes the weight, material, mesh size.
2. Installing a mesh on a windy day is a difficult task as the meshes can easily become entangled.
3. Assuming that the netting will last forever is nothing short of a delusion. Even the sturdier of the netting will need adjustment and replacement for seasons. This is because the meshes are continuously moved especially during harvesting and spraying.
4. Do not combine netting yourself. Always consult a professional for this purpose.
5. Do not use nets if there are no sufficient gaps between the vines especially inside netting. For this purpose, use row netting.
6. Do not work in the net system without any purpose.
General Vineyard Side Netting considerations:
All of these are not universally applicable, but these are more general things to be considered.
· Usually, the widest mesh is the best as it will allow most of the sunlight to grapes. This will in turn make sure that the grapes are ripe fast.
· The white type of the net is most easy to use and handle as it is made by weaving.
· Softer nets are prone to attack by rats and raccoons as they can easily rip through them, so the choice of net strength depends on the location of the vineyard.
· The mesh density is also a factor to be considered when purchasing the nets. A mesh with very low density will negatively affect the yield of the farm on which it is used.
· Always start at the corners for the most effective usage of netting.
Buying and Contact:
You can contact us in many ways:
You can go to our website (URL: https://eyouagro.com/contact-us/) and drop us a message.
You can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Contact is : +8613816514856
All in all, EyouAgro Vineyard side netting will not fail you or your crops. Your vineyards will be shielded against birds and pathogens with just one product. All our products are made with premium tier material and we test our products so that you do not have to, providing the clients with the best products in the market.
EYOUAGRO Repsects Quality Standards