Diffusion Shading Screen（DSS）, also called Light Diffusion Screens, is an innovative climate solution screen to improve the light combination from different angles, scatter to plants and enhance the growth of crops.
As the light is scattered, it covers more parts of the crop and reaches deeper into every plant. Growing plants and people flourish in greenhouses thanks to more light and lower temperatures.The result is stronger and faster growing plants.
The basic function is to block direct sunlight and adjust the indoor temperature. On a cold night, it can prevent the loss of indoor temperature, play the role of energy-saving.
There are different Shading percent types of Diffusion Shading Screens like 30%, 40%,50%,60%,70%
- Optimal Light Diffusion: Uses a combination of two functional membranes for even light dispersion.
- Temperature Regulation: Blocks direct sunlight and maintains indoor temperature.
- Anti-Aging Properties: Contains stabilizers to slow down screen aging.
- Dew Formation Prevention: Specialized material prevents dewdrop formation.
- Versatility: Suitable for various greenhouse interiors.
Benefits of using Light Diffusion Climate Screens
- Deeper Light Penetration: Actively scatters sunlight to reach deeper into the crop.
- Reduced Plant Burn Risk: More light exposure at cooler temperatures.
- Improved Productivity: Even light distribution for both upper and lower crop sections.
- Enhanced Working Environment: Provides a comfortable setting for greenhouse workers.
- Quality Improvement: Results in lower fruit or flower temperatures.
- Ideal for greenhouses aiming for efficient photosynthesis and plant growth.
- Suitable for regions with intense sunlight and high UV exposure.
- Recommended for greenhouses focusing on energy conservation.
- Perfect for environments aiming to prevent dew formation.
- Can be used in conjunction with other greenhouse technologies for optimal results.
What People Say:
- Case Study in Netherlands:
- In a 2021 study conducted at the “GreenTech Research Center” in the Netherlands, tomato plants under Diffusion Shading Screens produced 20% more fruit by weight compared to those under standard screens. This was attributed to the even light distribution and reduced plant stress.
- Feedback from Arizona Greenhouse:
- A commercial greenhouse in Arizona reported that after installing the Diffusion Shading Screen, their energy bills reduced by 12% over a summer season, highlighting the screen’s efficiency in temperature regulation.
- Durability Assessment in Florida:
- A five-year assessment at “Sunshine Greenhouse Solutions” in Florida showed that the Diffusion Shading Screen retained over 90% of its original light diffusion capability and showed no significant physical degradation, emphasizing its long-term value.
- How does the Diffusion Shading Screen differ from regular shading screens?
- The Diffusion Shading Screen is designed to scatter light from various angles, ensuring deeper and more even light penetration into plants.
- Can this screen be customized to fit specific greenhouse sizes?
- Yes, the screen can be tailored to fit the specific dimensions of your greenhouse.
- How does the screen contribute to energy savings?
- By blocking direct sunlight and maintaining indoor temperatures, especially during cold nights, the screen plays a significant role in energy conservation.
- What materials are used in the manufacturing of the Diffusion Shading Screen?
- The screen is manufactured with eco-friendly white strip film and polyester.
- How often should the screen be replaced?
- With proper care and maintenance, the screen can last for several years. However, its lifespan can vary based on environmental factors and usage.