Reflective ground Mulch or reflective ground Cover is a type of agro-protective textile.
It is a reflective fabric that reflects light on the plants, mainly targeting the underside of the canopy.
As the name suggests, it is a reflective ground film, meaning that this film is applied on the ground of your orchard.
Thanks to an innovative weaving process, EyouAgro Reflective Ground Cover has acquired a unique feature.
we can freely combine the number of aluminum strips and white film strips to obtain a 33%, 50%, 66%, or even 100% reflective screen.
This allows us to meet the needs of different fruits for different light reflections.
It has been widely applied in different fruits, including apples, pears, kiwifruit, cherries, and strawberries, especially cherry plums.
Usually, it is applied before the harvest time because light also has an effect on fruit shelf life.
In horticulture, Reflective ground mulch appears to offer an effective technique.
It improves the fruit’s quality, particularly its color, which is the main external quality parameter for consumer preference and fruit trade,
as well as the size and internal quality of the fruit, such as soluble solids content.
- Enhances the Percentage of ‘Excellent Quality’ Fruits
- Reduces Time to Harvest
- Fruits Store Bette and Improve with Storage
- An Easy and Simple Process
When to Use the Reflective Ground Covers?
For coloring, these Ground Covers are used a few weeks before harvest, usually in late summer or early autumn, depending on the cultivar.
- For Royal Gala Cultivars: It’s best to deploy reflective film in late summer, aligning with the fruit’s critical ripening phase to maximize color development.
- For Fuji Cultivars: Early autumn application is recommended, catering to this variety’s unique ripening schedule and coloration needs.
- For Cherry Plums: Given their early ripening schedule, introducing reflective ground covers just as the fruits begin their color transition, typically in mid to late summer, can significantly enhance their vibrant hues and overall market appeal.
The color response is usually quite rapid, with visible results within 2 weeks of application.