Insect Nets of 25 MESH are usually at the side opening of the greenhouse. This type of mesh is of the smallest size.
That means that it will prevent the tomato moth’s penetration inside the construction.
It is necessary to bury the net at half a meter depth. In that way will larvae won’t get into the production space’s interior.
Insect netting is gaining popularity as crop farmers are discovering its benefits. Here’s what you will gain by netting
- Pest Control: Your farm is protected from harmful insects and pests. It does not stop there; it keeps useful insects inside your netting. The useful insects pollinate your crops.
- Disease Prevention: The insects spread diseases that can affect your crops. The net will block this insect, and your crops become free from the diseases.
- Regulate the Temperature, Soil, and Humidity: Your crops will not experience bad weather conditions. The net offers protection from winds, heavy rain, and hailstones. This is good even for sensitive crops such as cabbages and greens.
- Block Sunlight: The net has a shading effect in your garden. Because it transmits less amount of sunlight.
- Reduce the use of pesticides: Using insecticides on your crops is hazardous for the plants and environment. In the case of netting, you don’t need insecticides.
How to Choose Insect Mesh
|Items||Name of Insect against|
|17 Mesh||Fruit flies and bigger insects,|
|25 Mesh||Mediterranean fruit fly and fig fruit fly|
|40 Mesh||Whitefly (Partially), leaf miner, Aphids|
|50 Mesh||Whitefly, leaf miner, Aphids, Thrips|
|RS-60||Wasp , Vinegar fly Drosophila|